For Church Buffs
For those who are interested in small town churches, there is Trinity United Church at 45 Third Avenue in Smooth Rock Falls. The main part of the church was constructed by volunteer labour in 1920 and the official opening took place on February 7, 1921. In 1951 a basement was built and the older section placed on the foundation. At this time they added the narthex and steeple. In 1960 a beautiful stained glass window was installed.
In September 2007, Trinity United Church was closed and the building transferred to the Smooth Rock Falls Economic Development Corporation. It is now named Centre du patrimoine Smooth Rock Falls Heritage Centre. It currently houses a small museum operated by the Smooth Rock Falls Historical Society. They have a growing collection of memorabilia, histories, documents and artifacts. The building also has a meeting hall in the basement.